This is a great internship opportunity for USC students!
Job Title: Events/Sales Intern (2 positions)
Employer Name: Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism
Work Schedule: Flexible
Hours per Week: 20 hrs
Employment End Date: 06/29/2012
Reports To: Director of Events and General Manager of the Columbia Metropolitan
Duties of Intern:
Provides daily support for the Events/Sales Department and will assist with updating information for the Events/Sales Departments internal computer software booking system and diagramming system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Involvement in updating the Events/Sales Booking Systems and Diagramming programs.
- Support the Events/Sales Department with supplying the client on a timely basis with needed information and necessary paperwork
- Assist with communicating with the client(s), vendors, and exhibitors as needed.
- Assist with ensuring the setup of each event is complete according to the client’s instructions and agreements. Provide support for events on-site (radio, client assistance, coverage).
- Administrative support to other Events/Sales Department staff and General Manager.
- Work a schedule‐based shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Education Required for Internship:
Interns must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, maintains confidentiality, possess interpersonal skills, works ethically and with integrity, and possess sound and accurate judgment.
Successful interns are required to have a GED or high school diploma—some college preferred. Prefer 1‐2 years work experience in a professional office setting; demonstrated written and oral communication and presentation skills; availability to work evenings and weekends; excellent computer skills are needed—knowledge of convention industry –related programs preferred.
Submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 803.545.0028. This position will be posted through Tuesday, February 28, 2012. Resumes are due by 5:00PM on the closing date.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This Organization Participates in E‐Verify